NorthStar Bets is a fully regulated brand and strictly applies all local regulatory requirements. To ensure that only people located in Ontario will be able to wager on the website, all customers are asked to install an additional software that verifies their location.
Please follow the below steps to complete the installation of GeoComply on your desktop device:
- Login in to your NorthStar Bets account and click on the green "Download" button on your screen. Please make sure you’re connected to your Wi-Fi and have a stable connection.
- Once the installation is completed, you will be transferred back to the NorthStar Bets home page where you will need to click "Refresh" and then apply "Allow". Now you will be able to play on the NorthStar Bets website.
The latest version of GeoComply supports the following operating systems: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. In order for GeoComply to function properly on Windows, it is requires the Wi-Fi adapter to be enabled and the availability of multiple Wi-Fi networks in range to be visible in the Wi-Fi networks list.
The latest version of GeoComply supports the following operating OS systems: Mac OS X: from 10.7 and higher. For GeoComply to function properly on Mac, it is required that Wi-Fi be enabled and multiple Wi-Fi networks to be available on the Wi-Fi list. Due to the technical limitations of MacOS, external Wi-Fi adapters will not work properly with GeoComply.
Please note that Privacy location setting needs to be enabled:
- Open System Preferences
- Click on Security & Privacy >Privacy>Location Services
- Click the lock to make changes. (bottom Left corner)
- Check the box for "PlayerLocationCheck"
If you still have issues installing GeoComply on your device, please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team.
Please note that the GeoComply Player Location Check plugin blocks VPN services as well as any other location spoofing software and these will need to be disabled for GeoComply to function correctly. For more information on how to do this, click here.