NorthStar Bets is a fully regulated brand and strictly applies all local regulatory requirements. To ensure that only people located in Ontario will be able to wager on the website, all customers are asked to install an additional software that verifies their location.
Please follow the below steps to complete the installation of GeoComply on your Android mobile device:
- Login in to your NorhStar Bets account
- Click "ALLOW" as shown on the screenshot below and click "OPEN":
- When you click "OPEN" you will be transferred to the Google store where you will need to download "GeoGuard Location Validator". Open the app and click "Ok, I understand". You will be then asked to "Allow Location Sharing While using the App". Click on the app name and then location and select Allow Location Access as "Always".
- Afterwards you will be transferred back to the NorthStar Bets website where you will have to "ALLOW" for the app to send you notifications.
To be sure the application works properly you need to enable Location Services and grant appropriate permissions to the application.
It can be done in the following way:
- Open Settings app.
- Tap "Security & Location" or "Location".
- Pick High accuracy: Use GPS, Wi-Fi, mobile networks, and sensors to get the most accurate location.
- Return to Settings>Apps>Choose the app>Allow while using
- Also, ensure that the device is not in battery-saving mode, as it limits geolocation data accuracy, and the GPS services are turned off.
Please note that the GeoComply Player Location Check plugin blocks VPN services as well as any other location spoofing software and these will need to be disabled for GeoComply to function correctly. For more information on how to do this, click here.
If you still have issues to install GeoComply on your device, please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team.